The heat wave in New England finally broke. I am so not ready for running in soupy air, so my weekend training was a bust. I wanted to run a long track workout on Saturday morning, but I got a late start, so after the 3rd interval, I crashed and said, “Screw this. I’m going home to pay bills and fold laundry.” That’s how hot it was. Sunday, I didn’t even bother to run. We did bumper boats and an air conditioned trip to Barnes & Noble instead. Naturally, I insisted on a vanity tour of the Pregnancy section.
Because it’s been too hot for thinking, I let Running Unplugged tell me what to write today. She tagged me in her recent post of 11 Things, and I haven’t done this sort of thing in years, so for fun, I gave it a shot. Also, I’m kind of vain, so why the hell not. Anyway, after last week’s post, I think we’re due for some frivolity.
Thanks for the shout-out, RU. I nominate any of you with blogs to try the exercise. It was harder than I thought, but I had fun with it. It kind of felt like writing a personal ad, but unless you’re Daniel Craig, it isn’t.
Questions asked by RU
1. If you were Superman, what would your Kryptonite be? Maple syrup
2. How many pairs of running shoes do you have? Which is your favorite? Too many. Maybe 13? My favorite is any pair that goes fast.
3. If you were given 2 free plane tickets to anywhere in the world, where would you go and who would you take with you? “Asia” with Henry, because he’s been asking to go for a year
4. Science Fiction or Romantic Comedy? Neither, really. I like action movies with Daniel Craig.
5. What color is your car? Pollen
6. What is the last book you read, and did you like it? The proofs for Fit & Healthy Pregnancy. It’s a very good book.
7. If you won the lottery you would… do Gangnam Style on my roof
8. Who is your favorite superhero? PSY
9. Did you grow up in a small town/rural area, suburb/medium sized town, or in a big city? Small town/rural area. The farmhouse I grew up in is now a parking lot. For real.
10. What was your favorite thing to do or place to go when you were 10? Would it still be fun if you did it today? The movies. It would be fun, unless I’m watching any of the movies I liked when I was 10.
11. What is one item on your bucket list? Attain nirvana
11 Things About Me:
1. Monday through Friday, I listen to NPR 8 hours a day. Seriously. Terry Gross is my BFF.
2. My cat will only drink from a faucet so if I’m out for a long time, I have to go home to water the cat.
3. I don’t know how to apply eye liner.
4. I would like to live in the Sundance catalog and vacation in the Patagonia catalog.
5. I was a vegetarian for 11 years, then quit when I was 4 months pregnant because I absolutely had to eat brisket from a truck in a grocery store parking lot.
6. I am an artist, and pancakes are my medium. Here is my pre-Boston BAA pancake:
7. My favorite book is Jane Eyre, but Barbara Ehrenreich is probably my favorite author. I can’t make sense of it, either.
8. I had to google “Kryptonite”.
9. My favorite things to eat are oysters and pancakes (duh), but dear God, not together.
11. I have never met Bob Dylan.